Skip to main content

Stumped....What Do You Know Of This Plant?

I hope you can help me. I am completely stumped.





My friend gave me a bunch of this and calls it spinach. It grows wild in her garden. She said she planted it after a lady in a vegetarian restaurant gave it to her. Apparently it is good for health.

So my friend gives this to me and tells me that it can be used like spinach.

I made a soup out of the leaves, boiling it with some ikan bilis.

It tasted lovely.

Now that problem is, I don't know what it is or what it's called.

Do leave a comment if you know what it is.


Comments

hi , This is sharanya from sara's tasty buds. I am a regular follower of your post. Is the leaf has slight bitter taste. It might be Black night shade plant. check out recipes of it in my blog.........
It was black night shade plant. It is good in curing peptic ulcer and stomach ulcer.
Krista Goon said…
HI Sharanya -thanks for helping me out and thanks for following my blog. I have been intermittent in posting though. A zillion apologies! The leaf is not bitter though. I made a soup with it but it did taste like spinach. OK, I will go look up this black night shade plant.
Anonymous said…
Are the stems thorny? If so then it could be kau kei choy.

- Mrs. Hor